Thank you for purchasing the Mondo+ battery. The estimated play time of the battery is up to 13 hours. Please note that many variables change the play time between charges:
- Back light settings: The back light uses an incredibly amount of battery. Please change the inactive battery brightness level to a lower level to increase play time while using the battery
- Audio volume levels: the louder the less battery play time while using the battery
- Wi-Fi signal strength: the farther from your Wi-Fi the more power the Wi-Fi module uses.
Here is the real important stuff J Please note that when you are not using the battery and the Mondo+ is not connected to wall power it uses almost the same amount of energy as while playing the radio. Why? Well because the backlight is still on and wii-fi is still on, even though you are not connected.
So, when not playing music and not plugged into the wall which automatically charges the battery, there are a few things you can do to minimize battery drain
- Simply turn off the display. When the radio is off ( standby mode) turn the large select knob all the way to the left until the display turns off.
- In addition the above we do also have a super low power mode. This will turn the processor speed down and just keep minimal items operating. This will also turn off your Wi-Fi connection. You can put the radio in this mode in two different ways
- Press and hold the power button for about 5-10 seconds until you see the screen turn off. OR
- On the home screen go into the Radio settings menu and select ‘Master Power Off’
Putting the radio in this mode will allow a fully charged radio to not be plugged in for a 4-5 days instead of just overnight. Please NOTE: Since the radio is now barley operating and not connect to Wi-Fi you will not be able to turn it back on with the remote control or the iPhone / android apps (because it’s not connected to the network).
To turn the radio back on please press the power button for about 2 seconds until you see a flicker. You will now need to wait about 2-3 minutes before it to load everything and reconnect to Wi-Fi. The screen will flicker many times and boot up a couple times. Once you see the message ‘ press power button to turn on’ then you are almost ready to go. You will turn it on, and depending on a few variables you may or may not have to wait another 5-10 seconds for it to connect to your network, but it will.
Hope this tip helps you to enjoy your Mondo+ battery even more. Happy listening!