After a year of writing code, we are pleased to announce that we have Pandora as a built in application in our Mondo Elite, Elite Classic, and Grace Link products.
The releases today are: version 143.108 for the Mondo Elite and Elite Classic, and 150.37 for the Grace link. The features added:
- Pandora: The new Pandora integration is a significant upgrade from our old Reciva Pandora implementation done previously. The new update allows you to view all your collected songs, podcast, artist and stations as well as multiple search options as well as the play Pandora content created just for you.
- SiriusXM upgrade: This upgrade fixes the audio stuttering problem that some people had, adds the SXM extra stations.
- Standard radio station play update: There are some stations that send out incorrect data to our radio and this sometimes causes the radio to not perform correctly. We added the ability for the radio to handle those fringe case radio stations with ease.
We have noticed a few items that we still need to address on this version and will have a follow on upgrade within the next two weeks.
We have just released version 143.70 software update for the Mondo Elite and Mondo Elite Classic. The changes are as follows:
• Nighttime use: Many people wanted a display that is darker at nighttime. It is difficult to set this type of display to pitch black while still allowing the clock to be visible. To aid in reducing the display brightness we made the clock font thinner, added a dark grey clock color option (now we have red, blue and grey), and on the darkest setting we removed the day and date to minimize the number of pixels that are turned on.
• Alarm: Allows Amazon music to be utilized as an alarm
• Amazon music preset: fixes bug that occurred on the preset when Amazon music was saved on a preset.
• Clock drift: On some networks the radio lost connection to the time server causing the radio to lose time.
• Alarm bug: some customers who had multiple alarms, experienced failing alarms.
• iHeartRadio: Added the ability to view album artwork when available (not all songs / iHeartRadio stations provide album artwork)
• Media player / Podcast: upgrades fast forward and rewind modes.
• Snooze and sleep timer upgrade: fixes custom sleep/snooze alarm bar settings.
• Sleep timer: When you set the sleep timer, the standby screen now displays the time remaining on your timer
• Bluetooth: Updated functionality to fix some previous quirks
Pending November updates:
• Mondo Elite / Mondo Elite classic:
o SiriusXM app update that adds more channels as well as the ability to access Pandora within the SiriusXM app
• Mondo Plus / Mondo plus classic / Encore plus
o SiriusXM app update that adds more channels as well as the ability to access Pandora within the SiriusXM app, and all the bug fixes just released on 143.70 Mondo Elite software
We have released new Mondo Elite software today, version 143.38. The changes in this software are:
- Improved SiriusXM streaming stability
- Added zero light (black out) option for standby and inactive display settings
- Added volume synchronization for Bluetooth headphones
- Added master power off option in settings menu for customers using the optional battery
- clock synchronization fix (the radio lost network time sync under certain circumstances)
Firmware version 143.29 was just released for the Mondo Elite. The only fix at this time was to improve SiriusXM play back stability.